- An academic degree (higher education), preferably in economics, business administration, international business, international relations, or related field.
- International work or academic experience. Experience with working with the Nordics is a plus.
- More than three years of experience working for a (preferably Japanese and/or Nordic) startup or in the startup community, e.g. as an investor or in any capacity being part of a coworking space/incubator/accelerator.
- Passionate for entrepreneurial communities, with connections in Tokyo’s and Japan’s startup and tech-scene.
- Self-motivated and a result-oriented with a strong sense of responsibility, able to work independently and pro-actively
- A well-organized yet flexible professional, experienced in handling a wide range of tasks.
- A natural leader and enjoys managing an office of diverse people and teams.
- Strong project and client management skills and experience.
- Advanced communication and presentation skills with on-stage presence.
- Analytical, preferably with the toolset to interpret social data, e.g. website traffic and online customer engagement metrics.
- An active user of popular social media platforms with strong social media skills and interests.
- Qualities suited for a member of an international project team, e.g. outgoing, a team player and with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in English and preferably business level Japanese. Proficiency in a Nordic language is a plus.
Nordic Innovation House is looking for a full-time Community Director in Tokyo. This role provides you a great opportunity to work with Nordic as well as Japanese startups and innovation stakeholders, and a lot of chances to meet exciting Nordic founders.
The Nordic Innovation House Tokyo is a community platform accelerating high quality Nordic tech startups and scaleups in Tokyo and Japan. Nordic Innovation House is a unique collaboration between the 5 Nordic countries – namely Sweden, Norway, Finland, Iceland and Denmark – and are currently located in Silicon Valley, New York, Singapore, Hong Kong and soon also Tokyo.
The Community Director’s overall function and responsibility will be to develop, manage and coordinate efforts and operations to build a strong community of Nordic and local/regional startup ecosystems. Thus, the Community Director will be in charge of building and keeping up relations with the Nordic and local/regional network. The Community Director will have the central connecting role which includes, but is not limited to, nurturing and expanding the Nordic Innovation House network of startups, investors, corporations, etc. and organizing different types of meetups to facilitate the cooperation as well as hosting visitors.
The Community Director will be the main person responsible of the execution of the House’s core operations. This includes providing specific services to the Nordic startups/scaleups such as soft-landing advice, coworking space, network contacts, events, co-hosting of visiting delegations, etc.
The Community Director will promote and be the face of Nordic Innovation House Tokyo. He/She will oversee all external communication around Nordic Innovation House Tokyo, i.e. event/program promotion, social media, website, and newsletter, as well as direct communications with members and partners.
In addition, responsibilities also include being the main contact to and reporting to the board of Nordic Innovation House Tokyo, consisting of representatives from the collaborating parties. The Community Director will work closely with the board and will provide the board with input on strategic planning and business development of the House.
The Community Director will be located at a coworking space in Tokyo, where also the Nordic startups will be welcome to locate. The Community Director will be handling communication and collaboration with the hosting coworking space and will work to nurture that relation.
The Community Director will have responsibility of a part-time Community Manager who will support in the daily tasks. The Community Director will report to the Chair of the Nordic Innovation House Tokyo board.
This role is a full-time position of initially 2 years with possibility of prolongation. The position will require some traveling, both regional and global.